In an article entitled Seven Winning Tactics During a Downturn, MarketCulture chairman Linden Brown outlines some tactics to use during a downturn that help grow market share and improve the value your company provides its customers. Chief among them:
- Take another look at your firm’s mission. How well does it emphasize your customer?
- Reconsider the team you have in place, and trim only those that don’t provide customer value. Across the board cuts miss this point.
- Spend more time researching your customer and the competition.
- Price strategically. Resist the urge to drop prices.
Be aggressive during a downturn and focus your team’s energy where it needs to be: On building profitable consumer value.
See other articles on our Publications page.
Corporate culture comprises the attitudes, experiences, beliefs and values of an organization. It can be measured, it can be focused around the customer through training and focused efforts.
This is the premise behind our new article published in the IndUS Business Journal. I for one am very proud to be represented in international business journals, given the wide range of business cultures around the world and the significant impact culture has on business performance. Based on what the research tells us, it is one of the most important drivers of your firm’s success or failure.
Fostering a strong market culture in an organization makes sense, yet most CEOs don’t see this as an important competitive advantage and something to:
- Instill at all levels of the organization
It takes a well conceived and articulated strategy to build and maintain a strong market culture in any firm, large or small.